Bioinformatics on the Web, 5.0 c
Course code:1BG425, Report code:67434, 20%, BLA, DST
week: 04 - 23 Semester: Spring 2019 (2019-01-21 - 2019-06-09)
Registration for this course is done via Student Portal.
Registration is open: 2018-12-21 - 2019-01-21
Information for admitted students
Admitted students register for the course in the Student Portal. If you have questions regarding the registration, please contact email@example.com.
Information for reservesThe department will contact reserves by e-mail if there are available places.
Information for students admitted with conditionsIf you are admitted to the course with conditions, you must prove your eligibility – contact a student counsellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can find the entry requirements in the syllabus at the IBG homepage. Look up your course under “Courses/Evening courses”.
Contact informationIf you have any questions about registration, please contact:
Name: Ylva Adolfsson (BMC) eller Lisa Chytraeus (EBC)
Telephone: 018-471 43 81 (Ylva) eller 018-471 49 19 (Lisa)
Address: Husargatan 3, A8:1 och EBC: Norbyvägen 14, 3t
Information about student accountsTo take this course you must have a student account. As an admitted you can activate your student account via www.uu.se/konto.
1. To register on the course homepage, you need to go to http://sparrman.ebc.uu.se/.
2. If you already have an account there (from another course), you can log in at the left panel. Otherwise, use the right panel and create an account by following the instructions there. You will receive a confirmatory e-mail; click on the link provided in the mail to complete creating the account.
3. Now you can log in. After logging in, you can see the available courses. Click on "Bioinformatics on the Web 2019-Spring "; the first time you try to access the course, you will asked to provide the enrolment key (for the spring course: nucleus).
4. You are in! You will not need to provide the enrolment key for subsequent access. Now you can access the course with the user name and password you have chosen. If you want to follow the course you should register on the course home page latest January 21.
5. The course material will become visible to the students at the starting date of the course. Read the text, follow the instructions and work on the assignments. There is a schedule which provides a recommended pace. If you follow the schedule you will complete the assignments well in advance of the exam. The teachers will provide feedback on a regular basis throughout the course but there are periods where the teachers are most 'alert' (those are periods are indicated for in the sparrman platform).
6. To pass the course, you need to pass all assignments as well as the exam (at least 50% of the points). The exam will be open during the weekend of May 31 – June 2, 2019, and you can do the exam from your home computer.
7. Good luck with the course!
In case of problems, contact Christian.Seeger@icm.uu.se