100%, DAG, NML,
Registration for this course is done via Student Portal.
Activate your student account /
Log in with your student account
Registration is open:
2013-09-13 - 2013-10-26
Information for admitted students
Welcome to the start of the course!
Please note that you need to be present at the introduction meeting (2013-10-28) to be fully registered. Contact Steffi Burchardt (email@example.com) in case you cannot be present.
Information for reserves
The department will contact you via e-mail if you will be offered a place in the course you applied for.
Information for students admitted with conditions
Make sure to bring documents to verify that you meet the entry requirements or contact the student counselor.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact:
Name: Steffi Burchardt
Information about student accounts
To take this course you must have a student account. As an admitted you can activate your student account via www.uu.se/konto
Course start: 2013-10-28
as the course coordinator of Tectonics, I would like to welcome you to the course. Below you will find some useful information. If you have any questions about the content or logistics of the course, you are welcome to contact me or the other teachers. You can approach us during the lessons, but in general it is easiest to contact us by email:
Steffi Burchardt (SB) firstname.lastname@example.org
Faramarz Nilfouroushan (FN) email@example.com
Hemin Koyi (HK) firstname.lastname@example.org
Håkan Sjöström (HS) email@example.com
Valentin Troll (VT) firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some useful links:
course syllabus: http://www.uu.se/en/education/master/selma/kursplan/?kpid=23854&type=1
The course comprises different parts taught by different teachers:
- lectures on different aspects of tectonics (HK)
- lectures and microscopy practicals on microtectonics (HS)
- laboratory practicals in the Hans Ramberg Tectonic Lab (FN, HK)
- lectures on geodesy (FN)
- a practical on 3D modeling of tectonic structures (SB)
- a combined seminar/lecture/practical part on petrological aspects of tectonics (VT)
The course requires that you have completed a course in structural geology.
Your attendance is compulsory for all practicals, exercises and seminars, but even strongly recommended for the lectures as well.
Your performance in the course will be assessed separately for the different parts:
- The laboratory practicals in the Tectonic Lab will be assessed by group reports.
- You have to do a seminar presentation in the petrology part.
- The practical in 3D modelling will be assessed by a group presentation of your own 3D models.
- There will be a practical microtectonics exam on the 7th of January 2014 from 9:00 to 13:00.
- The knowledge you acquire during the lectures will be tested in a theoretical exam on the 9th of January 2014 from 9:00 to 13:00.
- You can test your personal progress with presentation skills in separate DiVA evaluations.
Welcome to the course!