The International Office at Uppsala University is looking for Study Abroad Ambassadors
Office is part of the Student Affairs and Academic Registry Division and is responsible for administration and dissemination of international mobility opportunities for students at Uppsala University. We are looking for a number of students who have previous or ongoing experience in international mobility.
Responsibilities: In a team of Study Abroad Ambassadors you will, in cooperation with the International Office, raise awareness of the various types of international mobility available to students at Uppsala University. The team will need to plan and execute events in a professional manner. The team will also perform marketing research on behalf of the International Office. Each member of the team is anticipated to work approximately 100 working hours during the academic year 2017-2018.
Qualifications: In order to apply to join the team you will need to match one of the following five criteria
1. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have completed an academic exchange of one or two semesters at one of Uppsala University’s partners.
2. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have completed an Erasmus internship.
3. You intend to be a registered student at Uppsala University during the academic year 2017-2018 and you have taken part in the Minor Field Studies (MFS) program.
4. You are an incoming exchange student from one of Uppsala University’s partner universities for the duration of the academic year 2017-2018.
5. You are an international master student registered at an academic program at Uppsala University for the duration of the academic year 2017-2018.
Additional merits: You have some experience in event management, project management or work using social media.
Application: For a complete application please attach the following two documents
1. Personal letter of no more than two pages. The following information needs to be easily retrieved from your letter
- Which of the above stated four criteria you match
- In what country/partner university/organization you did your exchange/internship/MFS or from which partner university you are going to do your exchange at Uppsala University.
- What you believe the benefits are of an international experience in your education.
- Suggestions on possible activities/events that would contribute to informing students about study abroad opportunities.
2. Curriculum Vitae
Selection: Selection of team members is based on personal letters and curriculum vitae after the application deadline. We strive to have a team of members that will represent a balance of the five above mentioned criteria, geographical representation and academic background.
Salary: The reward is an hourly rate of 130 SEK / hour.
Contact: Jonathan Schalk, + 46 (18) 471 3612, email@example.com
Last day of application: Friday May 12, 2017.